Solutions for Engineer to Order
Designing and building complex products to exact customer specifications frequently involves long lead times and heavy engineering content. Engineer-to-order, project-based, and custom manufacturers typically have most of these characteristics:
- Complex products, long lead times
- Design and build to a project or contract
- Need to estimate and quote to win business
- Uniquely design and build to customer specifications
- Need to track customer revisions
- Purchase material to a project
- Collect actual costs to a project
- Install products on customer’s site
- Need to track warranty and provide aftermarket services
- Significant spare parts business
Engineer-to-order companies need to be able to provide accurate cost estimates to customers, manage all aspects of complex projects, deliver on time and on budget-all while keeping a close eye on cash flow. Finally, they need an accurate picture of the profitability of each project in order to comprehend the impact on the business.
Key Features of our solution for manufacturers include:
- Purchase directly to stock or to a project
- Full ERP system supports company purchase of direct and indirect materials, MRO and services.
- Purchase Orders can be for stock or directly for a project. On receipt the material goes directly to Work-in-Progress (WIP) and the cost is allocated to the project as WIP or COGS.
- Vendor Performance ranks suppliers based on delivery, quality and price. If designated, a PO line item can be received directly into Inspection for quality verification and, if necessary, returned to the vendor.
- Inventory Management without Item Numbers
- Because most materials are purchased to the job, you don’t want the constraints of an item-based system, which requires all item transactions to go to/from inventory.
- Bill of material structures for a project does not require the use of an item number. You may choose to enter a part first in the item master or not. If you elect to use the item master, you can define a standard description, long description, unit of measure conversions, preferred vendors, cross references and many other fields. By specifying stocked or non-stocked, the system will manage your inventory accurately.
- Complete lot and serial tracking, for stock and non-stock items, multiple inventory locations, multiple cost types, cycle counting and physical inventory are all supported.
- Actual Job Costing
- Collects actual material costs at the time the purchase order receipt is vouchered.
- Actual labor costs are collected as reported to the system. All job costs may be viewed individually, or collectively rolled up into a parent project.
- Jobs may also be defined as projects, allowing the actual costs to be applied directly to COGS, with full Revenue Recognition accounting to support long lead-time production.
- Revenue Recognition
- Ability to recognize revenue based on the percentage of actual expenses incurred, rather than against shipment of the product(s) produced.
- Progress Billing based on contractual payment agreements or milestone completions.
- Service and spare parts
- Ability to capture serialized machines or products during their shipment
- Ability to track their warranty period.
- Service calls can be entered and service tickets assigned to individual service personnel
- Track labor and material costs on service orders
- Fully integrated solution for the industries.
- Sales and Distribution Management
- Production Management
- Financial Management
- Supply Chain Planning
- Materials Management