Today, most applications target a global audience, which means going beyond borders and working with clients to make sure application has proper global sets, readable, and viewable in as many as possible platforms and browsers. IrisLogic has unique ability and expertise in helping applications achieve this goal with proper QA processes and methodologies.
Globalization testing means Internationalization (i18N) plus Localization (L10N) as steps to effectively make your product truly global. IrisLogic has worked with clients such as LeapFrog and DoveBid to make sure there products and services are used in places like Afghanistan not only supporting local languages, but also dialects.
Our globalization and internationalization testing service covers all most all types of software products and may help organizations from start of product implementation or already implemented product.
We have a robust methodology to QA end-to-end for complete globalization testing, consist of following phases:
- i18N Audit: This is the first phase where we have initial discussions with client project and business managers. We create a comprehensive list of audit questionaire which will help our team understand all about the application. We create test plans, discuss with client managers, and take a formal sign offs before we proceed.
- Test Design and documentation: The inputs from audit are further divided into the test detailed test cases, usage of framework and tools, test coverage, code review, ad hoc test cases to see application suitability, and complete documentation. This is shared with client on periodic basis to enure no loose ends and completeness
- L10N Test Planning: The process cycle starts with understanding of the application, identification of needs, creation of proper test plan, and a customer signoff
- L10N Testing: During the formal test cycle we create detailed test cases for locale, refine the test data for matrix, test execution manually, create automation scripts, run automation cycle, bug reporting, and regression testing accomodating change management
- Test Run Analysis: During the formal run cycle we monitor and analyse global run, reporting of bugs, root cause analysis of issues, script fixes (if required), incorporate customer feedbacks, and schedule for next run
Above all, we understand the need for globalization testing is different and specific to every product, though process might remain same, the matrix required will differ. We can help you take that next step insuring your product speaks your customers language.