At IrisLogic, we are developing quite challenging apps for our customer focusing towards iPhone and Blackberry development toolkits. We have developed couple of apps to freely share with the world, one of them as described below is StockPicker app:
Building an extremely simple, fast, and usable stock ticker application was the core motivation for developing StockPicker app. It was designed and developed with the intent of simplicity, usability, and portability to popular platforms i.e. iPhone and Blackberry.
Some of the features of the app are:
- Simple and Fast Stock Tracking
- RSS News Feeds on any Ticker
- Portfolio of different stock tickers
- Support iPhone and Blackberry Smart Phones
The application is based on Model-View-Controller (MVC) design pattern. New threads are used to handle third party interactions. This will not affect the normal functionality of a mobile if there is any delay or problem with the connectivity.
Some of the key aspects of application is:
- Used low level User-Interface API
- Textfields and buttons are created using 2D Graphics
- The screens are made dynamic
- Introduced mode; quote, news or portfolio, that drives the type of data to be displayed on the canvas body.
- Sax parser is used to read the data from the XML response.
Below is the sample of the frontpage of the app running on iPhone. If you are interested in more information or downloading this free app, please write to us: firstname.lastname@example.org