Business Continuity Planning is the way an organization can prepare for and aid in disaster recovery. It is an arrangement agreed upon in advance by management and key personnel of the steps that will be taken to help the organization recover should any type of disaster occur.
Disaster Recovery (DR) is the process an organization uses to recover access to their software, data, and/or hardware that are needed to resume the performance of normal, critical business functions after the event of either a natural disaster or a disaster caused by humans.
Business continuity / Disaster Recovery Plans come in various forms, each reflecting the corporation’s particular set of circumstances.
IrisLogic’s Business Continuity and Disaster Recovery consultancy evaluates current state and develops future state to ensure business resilience in the event of catastrophic disruption.
- Develop Policy Statement (Goal of plan, reasons and resources) and Business Impact Analysis (how does a shutdown impact the business financially and otherwise) .
- Identify Preventive Steps (can disaster be avoided by taking prudent steps).
- Recovery Strategies (how and what you will need to recover) and Plan Development (Write plan and implement plan elements).
- Plan buy-in and testing (very important so that everyone knows the plan and knows what to do) .
- Maintenance (continuous changes to reflect current situation) and Assessment.