The modern point of sale is often referred to as the point of service because it is not just a point of sale but also a point of return or customer order. Additionally it includes advanced features to cater to different functionality, such as inventory management, CRM, financials, warehousing, etc., all built into the POS software. Prior to the modern POS, all of these functions were done independently and required the manual re-keying of information, which can lead to entry errors.
A retail point of sale system typically includes a cash register (which in recent times comprises a computer, monitor, cash drawer, receipt printer, customer display and a barcode scanner) and the majority of retail POS systems also include a debit/credit card reader. It can also include a conveyor belt, weight scale, integrated credit card processing system, a signature capture device and a customer pin pad device. More and more POS monitors use touch-screen technology for ease of use and a computer is built into the monitor chassis for what is referred to as an all-in-one unit.
All-in-one POS units liberate counter space for the retailer. The POS system software can typically handle myriad customer based functions such as sales, returns, exchanges, layaways, gift cards, gift registries, customer loyalty programs, promotions, discounts and much more. POS software can also allow for functions such as pre-planned promotional sales, manufacturer coupon validation, foreign currency handling and multiple payment types.
IrisLogic have designed and developed state of the art POS solution that can be used as LAN networked system or completely managed on a cloud infrastructure. The software may run on any Windows PC or mobile tablets based upon iOS or Android operating system. Some of they key features are:
- Store POS Solution with integrated tools for Credit Card Payment
- POS Software with touch screen running on Windows XP/7+ platforms
- Item scanning through USB or Bluetooth Scanners
- Cash drawer and receipt printers integrated
- Integrated features for role based access management
- POS Software can run on one or multiple screens with administrative tools to manage employees, cash register, and several security features
- Manage items and different level of pricing per customer
- Automatic computation of sales taxes and CRV based upon location of POS terminals
- Hold and retrieval of transactions
- Customer loyalty programs and coupon campaigns integrated
- Data Import/Export available through REST Soap Services
- Seamless mobile platforms for iOS (iPAD) and Android platforms
- Prebuilt, and custom reporting System
- Integrated Data Analytic module through Admin module
- Integration with accounting packages such as Intuit and Peachtree software
- Secure PCI Compliant hardware and network recommendation
- ….and much more